My name is Sharon Henderson and I make felted hats. I love colors and textures and I’m not afraid to experiment with shape and proportion. I hope you’ll love wearing them as much as I love making them.
Spring 2017 HAT SALE $55.00 each
In an effort to bring a wider audience to the work being done by the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, Daily Alice will be supporting research and patient support by donating 5% of hat sales to this worthy and dedicated cause. I thank you for your support and compassion.
I use fine merino wool, silk, and other materials to craft these unique, one-of-a-kind hats. My hats are completely handmade and no two are the same. Styles and sizing vary.
Jaunty - set it on the back of your head, set it over your eye - Jaunty!
Tiny glass beads and corresponding silk accent a pale blue/green palette.
Basic Black Bucket with flair!
A grey/black blend of merino and silk, fastened with a subtle purple bow, brings a neutral out of its shell
Turquoise with black silk accents, warm over the ear flaps and numerous silk confetti make a quiet, warm winter statement
Silk leaves awash in varying shades of blue, quite autumnal.
Keep your neck cozy and dry with this extended brimmed back.
Love how the colors in this bucket slide into each other. Grey/blue/red
Kelly green merino, silk confetti and unruly goatee curls - on your head? YES
Corded hat bands, twice
Wintry browns and blacks form this cozy slouch with accents of silk, red string and lavender goatie curls
Sunshine balanced by some wintry grey
A rough edged silk scarf finishes this hat as you walk away.
Red soft merino with a black/grey turned up brim adds a whimsical feel to this winter cap equipped to keep ears cozy and warm in all weather
Jewel tone and lightly scattered silk are the basis for this swallow-tailed classic
Cowboy inspired, long brim with a touch of polished rock
Pale yellow, contrasting dark brim, a malachite and polished rock accent add fashionable flair and fun to a everyday hat
I love the contrasting navy with the white/blush dome - very scrunchable
The southwest feel of the colors in this hat add a bit of warmth to an already cozy topper.
Grey blue with a small grey blister pearl accentuate some pleating and a wide sweep of a brim
A chocolatey blend of black and brown silk make for a versatile form-fitting hat
Various colors and a black brim keep you warm and cozy
With the addition of the felted bow across the back and the contrasting red lining, this classic bucket says "attitude".
Accented with small citrine beads this silky, water colored cloche has a subtle flamboyance.
Follow the silver beading into the depth of this red hat.
Pleats, tucks and a few small beads combine with grey and rose colors to blend beautifully in this hat.
This intricately pleated hat with the felt bow on the side reminds me of the earth and sunsets.
The addition of small silver beading on the brim and body says a lot about this Outback style in a yummy pale pink and brown.
Enjoy the line up of small malachite beading along the brim of this dusty-touquoise and grey cloche.
Some lavender, turquoise and grey underscore the felted rope detailing of a pleat and a button.
The yellow on the crown and the brim contrast beautifully with the grey of the hat, throw in a few unruly red goatie curls for good measure and Voila!
Stylish, simple Bucket.
Goatie curls galore and lots of silk confetti make this a fun, versatile fashion must have.
Just a touch of Dia de Muertos the rest is all fine merino.
Just a touch of monochromatic stone by way of a button adds a quiet touch to this flouncy billed hat.
Silk and a white brim enhance this cloche.
Color and a understated button deliver on this Bowler.
Pastels remind me of a water color painting.
The aromas of lemon, cranberry, vanilla, sandalwood, aloe vera or coconut glycerine soaps felted with merino wool makes for a spa-like finish in your shower or bath.
Made with a variety of scented glycerine soaps you may want these loofah-type bars in each of your bathrooms.
- If your felt hat develops pills you can pluck or shave them off, just like with your favorite sweater.
- Soiling can be removed by wiping with a damp cloth or rinsing gently in cold water. Light soap is ok but be sure to rinse it out.
- Wool is resistant to dirt because the small scales on the surface of the fiber hold the dirt near the surface, making the dirt easier to remove.
- Wool also repels odors. Due to its moisture content, wool is resistant to static electricity.
- Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture.
- Wool is an insulator as opposed to trapping heat. As an insulator, it keeps you warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather.
- The waviness or crimp of wool fiber gives it a natural elasticity and makes it very durable as the fiber can be bent multiple times without breaking.
- Wool has the ability to felt. Due to the small scales on the surface of the wool fiber, the crimp, wool when combined with warm water, soap and a little agitation will matt together in an irreversible process called felting.